Search through our help database of questions, how to, or tool tips. Most of the faqs are questions SiNi Software users have been asking over the last few years. We will be updating our help area constantly, so check back to find our most recently asked questions.
You narrow your search by selecting a 3ds max plugin, or category to search in too.
Please follow the below steps to signing up, installing and getting up and running.
Yes, our “Order Page” under the “User Dashboard” will apply a discount for bulk orders.
Please see the following for discounts. If you purchase through our Reseller partners, these discounts will be applied by them.
0% 1-4 Licenses
10% 5-9 Licenses
20% 10-24 Licenses
30% 25 and over.
We also offer Enterprise Licensing for larger organisations. Please contact us for details.
For network installations where company IT policy and data security is paramount restricting direct access to the internet.
Network administrators install the proxy service on the network allowing a secure encrypted tunnel connection to the online license manager. Within the DeSiper UI, select Network setting and input the required information. The user can then login to their account as usual.
Please see the diagrams below for installation options.
DeSipher uses the same login details you created for the website.
Check the details and retry.
If you are able to login to the website, you will be able to log in to Desipher.
Please note. Do not use special characters in your password as they will not be recognised.
If you are a company or studio wishing to set up an account, please see below.
1. Register a new user as an administrator of the account. This may be a company director, or somebody responsible for software licensing. Please note; the account does not need a licence to control the account.
2. Once registered, log into the account User Dashboard and it is recommended watching the 'Getting started Help Videos' to familiarise yourself.
3. Please add as many users to the account as you like, these are independent of your purchased account licenses. Every user gets an independent account with 30-day trials and FREE software.
PLEASE NOTE. If members of your team have signed up before the admin account is set up, you can only add these users after you purchase licences.
4. Every user added gets a login email and password. They can then login and use the 30-day trial software, prior to the Admin purchasing licenses.
5. If you wish to purchase licenses, this is carried out in the administrator User Dashboard. Select the products you wish to add to the account and purchase. Alternatively, please see the Pricing and Sales Options page for SiNi Account and Reseller orders.
6. The licenses will automatically be added to the account when the purchase is complete. SiNi Online sales only.
7. Once the purchase order is complete the administrator adds licenses to each user by ticking the checkbox adjacent the User name. You can deactivate Users by unchecking the product tick box. This will release the licence back into the account pool for reassignment.
8. Administrators can assign licenses to any registered user of SiNi software. This allows you to assign licenses to 3D artists who may subcontract with your studio by adding their email into your users. The license remains yours to control and deactivate when the contract is terminated.
9. If you want to add licences, simply purchase more. There are bulk discount available.
10. To remove/delete licences, you must deactivate recurring licensing. This will terminate the licence when the current contract period expires.
If you have a team of 15 and only purchase 5 licenses you can assign licenses to 5 users, and add the other 10 users to use the free Forensic only. The licences can be reassigned to others when required by unchecking the license from one user and adding it to the other.
If you wish to set up a network proxy manager, when workstations do not have direct internet access, you need to install the SINi Network Proxy Manager.
To uninstall navigate to your Windows Control Panel and select Programs and Features, and find SiNi Software 3ds Max Plugins from the list of installed software on your computer. Double click on the selected software to start the uninstall process.
After you open 3ds Max, you may see an empty toolbar. Please note, we cannot remove the empty toolbar when 3ds Max is closed. From the drop-down menu in 3ds Max, select Customise User Interface. Select the Toolbars tab. Select the old SiNi Software toolbar from the dropdown. Press the delete button and the empty SiNi toolbar will be removed.
Trialling our software can be found on the My users page of the User dashboard. If you have not signed up you MUST do this to access downloads and the 30-day trials. If you are a studio and wish all your team to access trials, each user must sign up individually and activate the trial buttons. Studios will be able to add teams to the studio account later if you purchase licenses to apply to users.
We offer FREE EDUCATION licensing to authorised academic institutions and training facilities.
The institutions are responsible for installing and issuing SiNi Software on their equipment only. Educational licenses are controlled by an Educational License Server installed on the Campus IT Server. All Education Licenses are subject to a SiNi Education Contract. PLEASE NOTE. Authorised Schools only. This offer does not extend to students.
For any Education related questions please contact email@example.com (Subject: Education Licenses)